Effective May 19, 2017
What information do we collect online?
We collect information when you access or submit an inquiry through our websites. Our websites contain links to and portions of other sites, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites. The information we collect through our websites may include:
- Personal contact information that you provide to us, such as name, email address, and phone number. Anonymous, aggregate information that is not linked to personal information which is used to generate statistical reports about the use of our site. Information we collect through cookies or log files in order to create a profile, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks, which may be tied to your personal information. This details how individual customers use our website. Anonymous information collected from third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf.
Security: We take commercially reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We use encryption to protect information online, and the servers that store your personal information are housed in a secure environment.
What information do we collect offline?
We collect information when you fill out an enrollment agreement, take a tour, or submit an inquiry at one of our child care locations. This may include:
- Your sensitive personal information, such as your emergency contact and release information, driver’s license number, and employer information.
- Your child’s sensitive personal information, such as care needs, allergies, medications, medical care provider, and immunization history.
- Your personal contact information, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number.
How is your information used?
Your information is used for purposes such as:
- to provide a safe and healthy environment for the children in our care
- to administer first aid and other medical care as necessary
- to effectively communicate with you and respond to your inquiries
- to comply with licensing regulations and other legal requirements
- to operate and improve our websites
- to ensure advertising is appropriately targeted
Under what circumstances may we share your information?
- If we have your consent to share the information when we retain authorized vendors to provide services on our behalf. These service providers are subject to non-disclosure obligations to protect your information. If we need to share your information with child care center regulators, medical providers, payment processors, and financial institutions for our bona fide business purposes
- If we are required by law to share information or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements. In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of our assets, any personal information you provide us may be a part of the assets transferred.
Do our websites collect personal information of children?
No. We have designed our websites for parents and adults, not children. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children who may visit our websites, and we do not want to include any such information in our customer databases. We recommend that parents monitor their children’s use of the Internet.
We may occasionally make changes to this policy to ensure its accuracy. If we make changes, the revised policy will be posted online and the date of the newest version will be listed. Please check back frequently, especially before you provide us with personal information, to see if the policy has changed.
How can you contact us?
101 River Road
Weston, MA 02493
What are the privacy rights of California residents?
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party companies to whom Learning Zone Inc may have disclosed, within the past year, personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. Please send us an email with the subject line “Request for California Privacy Information” at the above address to obtain such information.