- Children sent home from the center must stay home the next day.
- A temperature: A child with a temperature of over 101 degrees must stay home fever free (without the aid of fever reducers) for 24 hours. A child will be sent home, with a fever over 101.
- Strep throat: A child must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to the center.
- Diarrhea or vomiting: A child with these symptoms must stay home until normal activity level is back and diarrhea and vomiting have stopped. A child will be sent home from the center after he/she vomits once or has two uncontained diarrheas.
- Pin worms, ring worms, head lice, scabies: Children can return to the center after one treatment, in no less than a 24 hour period.
- Ear or eye infections: A child can return to the center after being on antibiotics for 24 hours. A child on medication and running a fever cannot stay in school and will be sent home.
- Impetigo, conjunctivitis, scarlet fever, hand foot mouth, chicken pox: A child with these illnesses may return to the center with a doctor’s note.
To keep the center healthy and safe, we ask for the cooperation and understanding of every parent. Please keep children home when they are contagious or not feeling well. This will help insure the health and comfort of all children and staff at the center.
Administration of Medication
The Learning Zone will administer non-prescription medicine; however, parental instruction and a note from a pediatrician is required. The Learning Zone will administer prescription medication with parental instruction if the name of the child is on the bottle.